General Meeting of Shareholders
The Company’s sole shareholder is the Russian Federation. The Russian Government exercises shareholder powers on behalf of the Russian Federation.
The supreme governing body of Russian Railways is the General Meeting of Shareholders. In accordance with Article 47 of the Federal Law ‘On Joint-Stock Companies’, the resolutions of the General Meeting of Shareholders shall be adopted unanimously by the sole shareholder — the Russian Government — and documented in writing in the form of resolutions and orders.
The resolutions of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Russian Railways in 2015 were documented by Order No.
- approval of the annual report and balance sheet for 2014, including the profit and loss statement for 2014;
- spending on dividend payments for Russian Railways common shares for 2014;
- spending on remuneration for members of the Company’s Board of Directors;
- spending on remuneration for members of the Company’s Audit Commission;
- determining the number of members of the Board of Directors;
- the appointment of members of the Board of Directors;
- determining the number of members of the Audit Commission;
- the appointment of members of the Audit Commission;
- approval of the auditor for 2015;
- the establishment of a special fund at Russian Railways to pay dividends on the Company’s preferred shares;
- contribution of RUB 70 mln to the special fund for dividend payments on preferred shares from retained earnings of previous years.
In addition to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, there were seven Extraordinary General Meetings of Shareholders in the reporting year on matters concerning an increase in the Company’s charter capital, amendments to the Charter and the early termination of the powers and election of the Company’s management bodies for which the resolutions are documented in Orders of the Russian Government No.