The Company approves a Charitable Activities Plan for each year.
A total of RUB 730 mln were allocated for charity in the reporting year.
In 2015, Russian Railways:
- provided assistance to railway transportation employees and retirees affected by flooding in the Primorye Region;
- provided charitable assistance for repair and restoration work at the Holy-Transfiguration Valaam Monastery and Novo Jerusalem Monastery;
- provided support for the creative activities of musicians Valery Gergiyev, Vladimir Spivakov and Yury Bashmet;
- provided support in organising and hosting the Spasskaya Tower International Military Music Festival;
- allocated funds to support the activities of Moscow State University of Railway Engineering and Petersburg State Transport University;
- provided charitable assistance to orphanages and children’s hospices;
- organised free and discounted transportation as part of charitable activities.